🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

WoA V - Afterparty/Judging thread

Started by
116 comments, last by racsoth 6 years, 10 months ago

Okay, @ArThor, I popped back into Windows, and here's the output that I get, I believe:

Console output:

C:\Users\Ian\Desktop\WoAV\DogAndRocket\WOA_V_.4\Release>WOA_V
GL Version: Major: 4 Minor: 5
GLSL Version: 4.50 NVIDIA

[Many blank lines later]

Unhandled Exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct f
ormat.
   at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormat
Info numfmt)
   at WOA_V.Game.SaveLoad.LoadAliens(String path)
   at WOA_V.States.GameState.Init()
   at WOA_V.States.GameState.UpdateLogic(Single secondsIn)
   at Framework.Application.ApplicationLogic(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at WOA_V.WOA_V.ApplicationLogic(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.OnRenderFrame(FrameEventArgs e)
   at Framework.OpenGL4Window.OnRenderFrame(FrameEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchUpdateAndRenderFrame(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)

at Framework.Application.Run()
   at WOA_V.Program.Main(String[] args)

GLDebug.txt:

DebugSourceApi DebugTypeOther 131185 DebugSeverityNotification Buffer detailed info: Buffer object 31 (bound to GL_VERTEX_ATTRIB_ARRAY_BUFFER_BINDING_ARB (0), and GL_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, usage hint is GL_STATIC_DRAW) will use VIDEO memory as the source for buffer object operations.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Advertisement

Started adding a review; I can't set Audio to 0? (it says invalid audio input) I wanted to set it to 0 since the game has no sound and I do have to make a choice. I set it to 1 then.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

I'm having trouble testing some games made in Unreal, such as Domino Castle. The game works for some minutes and then I'm getting the error I attach.

I found this thread with some workarounds: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/545292/unreal-engine-is-exiting-due-to-d3d-device-being-l-3.html

I've tried the first with no success. Some people say that unchecking "Real-Time Thumbnails" in UE made the engine more stable...

UnrealError.png

Also, can I edit my review (and change the scores?)

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

57 minutes ago, Thaumaturge said:

Okay, @ArThor, I popped back into Windows, and here's the output that I get, I believe:

Console output:

C:\Users\Ian\Desktop\WoAV\DogAndRocket\WOA_V_.4\Release>WOA_V
GL Version: Major: 4 Minor: 5
GLSL Version: 4.50 NVIDIA

[Many blank lines later]

Unhandled Exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct f
ormat.
   at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormat
Info numfmt)
   at WOA_V.Game.SaveLoad.LoadAliens(String path)
   at WOA_V.States.GameState.Init()
   at WOA_V.States.GameState.UpdateLogic(Single secondsIn)
   at Framework.Application.ApplicationLogic(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at WOA_V.WOA_V.ApplicationLogic(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.OnRenderFrame(FrameEventArgs e)
   at Framework.OpenGL4Window.OnRenderFrame(FrameEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchUpdateAndRenderFrame(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)

at Framework.Application.Run()
   at WOA_V.Program.Main(String[] args)

GLDebug.txt:

Interesting. I might be wrong but are you from mainland Europe? I'm guessing this is a locale issue, I've saved the games data in .txt files and the floating point values have a '.' for the decimal point, Do you use ',' instead?

It would be a pain, but if you really wanted to give the game a try you could try replacing the numerical values with . to , or whatever you use. Find and replace would change the file paths though so you would need to be careful with them. Aliens.txt, Weapons.txt and 1 to 5.txt in the maps folder would need changing and it might not actually be the problem.

I'd provide adjusted files and/or a more robust .exe if it wasn't a competition.  See edit

Obviously don't feel obliged to do any of that, its my fault!

Edit: I've edited the files to create a "comma" version of the suspected problem files, which I can provide if it isn't considered inappropriate.

@Ludologists: Sorry about the vote, I wanted to simply add a message that the game closes after starting, but I have to set most criteria to a value <> 0.

We really need a way to keep a criterium unset. I can't vote Audio if a game has no sound or pretty much anything when it crashes out right. But I at least want to leave a info for the developers.

39 minutes ago, ArThor said:

Interesting. I might be wrong but are you from mainland Europe? I'm guessing this is a locale issue, I've saved the games data in .txt files and the floating point values have a '.' for the decimal point, Do you use ',' instead?

I'm from South Africa, actually. That said, I'm honestly not sure of what my computer's current settings are regarding decimal points, especially over in my Windows installation (which I barely use). ^^;

It's tempting to try it--well, why not, I suppose. PM me a link to the new files, and I'll hopefully do so later tonight. No guarantees, but I'd like to give it a shot, I think.

6 minutes ago, Endurion said:

I can't vote Audio if a game has no sound

Actually, I'm inclined to argue that a vote of zero makes sense in most such cases (I suspect that it's the reason that at least some of my reviews were being rejected).

That said, if there's a particular reason for a game to lack sound then a "N/A" value might indeed be useful, so I would like to see such a value made available.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yes, I'd vote 0 too, but the judging site won't let me submit 0 values.

41 minutes ago, Endurion said:

Yes, I'd vote 0 too, but the judging site won't let me submit 0 values.

I believe that it's a bug, and one that Slicer is aware of; I'm not sure of whether they're looking into it at the moment or not. @slicer4ever?

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

2 hours ago, racsoth said:

I'm having trouble testing some games made in Unreal, such as Domino Castle. The game works for some minutes and then I'm getting the error I attach.

I found this thread with some workarounds: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/545292/unreal-engine-is-exiting-due-to-d3d-device-being-l-3.html

I've tried the first with no success. Some people say that unchecking "Real-Time Thumbnails" in UE made the engine more stable...

UnrealError.png

Are you using a NVidia GPU?
There is a library called "NVaftermath" that may shed some light on it, But I think that will only help Epic diagnose the issue.
(This is also supposed to affect AMD GPU's aswell, Don't know about Intel)

I don't think there is anything a end user can due, But hope newer drivers fix the issue.

HTH
2 hours ago, Thaumaturge said:

At the time, I wasn't aware that I should be looking there. I only found it after noticing the more obviously-placed installer in Castle Spaceships and going hunting in your directory, as I recall.

AFAIK It should have popped up if it was needed, But it can't hurt to manually start it.

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement