🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

If you wanted to hear these kinda sounds in your DAW, what would you go for?

Started by
1 comment, last by hplus0603 2 years, 3 months ago

Dear Anyone.

Asked this on other forums as ‘what kinda pad VST would you get….' but I keep being directed to stuff that sounds like it belongs in an Alien movie! So I'm rephrasing it for here - be nice! -

If you wanted to hear 32-bit (SORREE - old DAW - can't afford a new one yet!) near-equivalents to these…

or these…. (jump to 1 minute in - this WAS written in 32-bit days, couldn't find the sounds then either!)

Just the backings, not the lead sounds, what would you go for? Please, these kinda NICE sounds, not alien-horror-film sounds. Keep being given those but I'm New Age. And yes I just want nice sounds to back my tunes with, same as they do, and double-yes, I suck elephants through drinking straws at programming synths, been watching YouTube for years, they can do it, I can't, been watching cookery programs for years and I can't cook either. Sad, isn't it!

But if you're a guitarist, nobody laughs at you for not making your own guitar. So why do people laugh at you for not making your own synth sounds? Don't get the antipathy to presets. I'm happy to mix'n'match them, layer them, use EQ to just use bits of them…. Feel like a painter who doesn't know where to buy paints!

Sorry for the 32-bit. Can do soundfonts, Maizeplayers, anything with a nice collection of those kinda sounds in. Anyone got any ideas?

Yours hopefully

Chris.

Advertisement

Those are warm analog pad sounds. Any analog emulation plugin, like a Juno or Jupiter emulator, or the Monark plugin from Native Instruments, could do this, as could any “analog classics” plugin/sample library.

Now, which particular plugins run in 32-bit? I don't know, you'd have to research that yourself.

Although almost any “analog synth” plugin with some PWM and triangle wave support, some filtering, and some chorus, could get pretty close. You may already have some in your current DAW. (Which DAW? Which plugins does it come with?)

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement