🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Could You See This Music Working In A Game?

Started by
3 comments, last by CharlesComposing 2 years, 10 months ago

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if I don't quite get the etiquette right!

I recently tried my hand at putting together some ambient music intended for fantasy games. I wanted it to be fairly medieval sounding (inspired by Jeremy Soule of course), but I was fairly liberal with that objective.

What I want to know is whether or not you guys could see this music working in a game. I worry that there is too much low-end, and at points the music draws too much focus to itself to truly work as ambience. Feedback is very welcome. Also, if anyone has any recommendations on what to read that might help me with these problems it would be much appreciated. Thanks ?

None

Advertisement

Well I certainly like it ?.

Oh yeah, this could really work well in a game like Skyrim. You make a good point about the music drawing attention to itself at some points. But in something like Skyrim, that's more accepted. Really great stuff.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement