🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Catch the kids: Priest simulator game

Started by
5 comments, last by jbadams 5 years, 5 months ago

Got an amount of inspiration and made this game. It's humoristic and satiric, so don't take it too seriously)

Here you play as a priest and your main task is catching the kids. Steam store page: 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/915730/Catch_The_Kids_Priest_Simulator_Game/?beta=0

Gameplay trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cRWIyXU1dc&t=0s

If you have any suggestions, advice or something else, write here)

Advertisement

what the actual f....?  Well, I'm sure you'll be getting some "feedback" on this one.  Good luck out there...

Well this will go down well. Steam don't pull games for many reasons but this is meddling with powers beyond you. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Brain said:

this is meddling with powers beyond you.

This is my dad when he caught me playing D&D at 13.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

13 hours ago, Alladin said:

If you have any suggestions, advice or something else, write here)

I've got no issues with it, but don't expect it to go down well... You're not likely to attract the negative attention you would for mocking another religion that's protected and encouraged by left leaning groups, but mocking any group is never going to work out too well.

That being said, going by the trailer, it looks like it's up there with Feminazi: The Triggering in terms of quality. In other words, it's obvious that it's programmer art, but it looks like it plays reasonably well. Also, the culture we have where people are permanently offended needs to stop. Humour is humour. Just because some people don't like it, it doesn't mean it's not funny.

Might I suggest making one for Antifa, where you go around burning down capitalist buildings while fighting off police and "Nazis"? You're far less likely to attract the same type of criticism, since people on the right are still too passive to bother with it, and people on the left would champion it... Just remember to use a disabled transgender POC for the main character, and make sure the bad guys are all straight white males (crucifixes optional), and you'll be set.

Sincerely, a straight white Christian male who has lost hope in humanity...

This is not the place to discuss the reputation system, politics, or related topics.  I've hidden a couple of posts, let's keep any further discussion on topic please.

On topic, I personally find humour that makes light of paedophilia extremely distasteful - I suspect for better or worse that may be a common reaction to your work.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement