🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

At what time do you sleep and wake up?

Started by
23 comments, last by SeraphLance 6 years, 10 months ago
1 hour ago, MintyLyton said:

I want to try to sleep 5hrs a day

You might want to do some reading on the effects of long-term sleep deprivation on longevity :)

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Advertisement
8 hours ago, swiftcoder said:

You might want to do some reading on the effects of long-term sleep deprivation on longevity

I've done research on the long term effects and honestly I would do it, if my situation was different. Once I able to have a sustainable lifestyle, I would love to do 7-9hrs of sleep, but since I'm not there yet, I want to increase my productivity. I'm not at a point where my thought processes are affected by having a short-term sleep consistency. Thanks for the insight though

I go to bed by 9:30PM, get up at 6:00AM, excercise for 1 hour, and am showered/out the door by 7:30AM, get to work at 8:00AM, get home at 7:00PM.

Looking forward to retiring so much, since I've been burned out of work for a while now.

Sleep vaguely between 9:30 PM ~ 1 AM.  Wake up vaguely between 6 AM ~ 9:30 AM.  I just wake up naturally and my body tends to end up with slightly less than 8 hours of sleep.

I used to go to sleep around 10 every day and wake up by alarm at 6:30, but I've grown to realize that the slight flexibility is worth the weird daze I get when my sleep schedule suddenly shifts by several hours.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement