🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

At what time do you sleep and wake up?

Started by
23 comments, last by SeraphLance 6 years, 10 months ago
On 7/5/2017 at 10:54 PM, Yoradi said:

I go to bed at 01.00 am

7 hours ago, Lactose said:

Ideally I'd go to bed around midnight - 1AM

On 7/5/2017 at 6:20 PM, yott said:

Go to bed at 00:00

On 7/3/2017 at 5:40 PM, newtechnology said:

between 12pm (is 12'o click midnight AM or PM?) to 3am

Considering that my own time is mostly around 1-3 AM, there is a clear pattern forming.

I think it's safe to say that between 12 and 3 AM is going to be the median here.

Interesting stats, especially if you consider we are scattered around the world.

Advertisement

In bed between 22:00 and 23:00 and up at 05:55, except weekends and holidays.  Sometimes you need to down a half-dozen craft beers while binging on certain games in a kind of soma holiday, but you will pay for it.

I used to stay up and get up late.  Once I got up at 16:30 (which was mighty wretched).  After years of experimentation, it turns out out I need between 6.5 and 7.5 hours of sleep, plenty of exercise (I run a couple miles with the dog most days) and good nutrition to be on top of my game.

Studies have shown most people do best with regular sleep hours, and somewhere between 6 and 8 hours of sleep per day.  Try it for a week: choose your hours (start with 7.5, hours duration and choose convenient stop and start times)) and go to bed and get up at exactly the same time every day for that week.  It takes at least a week for your circadian rhythms to harmonize fully with your sleep/wake cycle (trust me, I've done a lot of cross-timezone travel).

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

Sleep wise I tend to head to bed around 22:00 or 23:00, though sometimes that pushes to around 00:00, Though my Alarm and time I get up is 5AM so, yeah I tend to wake up a little earlier than most of you guys it seems ;o

But up at 5am and go for a run before breakfast then work .. if I didnt get up then id have like no time to get any kind of exercise 

I tell you what. Never eat pizza before going to bed whether or not its organic or anything. Ate a large pie before bed last night and got a hell of a lot of gas in the middle of the night. No digestive issues but gas and the stench kept me up all night. I couldn't sleep because it smelled so bad - even with the windows open. I will never buy pizza again!

Codeloader - Free games, stories, and articles!
If you stare at a computer for 5 minutes you might be a nerdneck!
https://www.codeloader.dev

I go to bed very late and wake up late, I can not rebuild my schedule

Insomina is horrible and I solved it by just sleeping between Midnight and 7:30am.  The alarm is always set to go off, but I usually wake up before it goes off.  Most nights, I'm in bed chilling just before 00:30am.

The rest of my life has followed suit and most things are now done on a daily routine and far more productive.

Languages; C, Java. Platforms: Android, Oculus Go, ZX Spectrum, Megadrive.

I imagine there's going to be a pretty clear breakdown by age/stage-of-life.

When I was in college and for a few years thereafter I used to stay up all hours and sleep in late. These days it's in bed by 10:30-11pm, and up-and-at-em by 6-6:30am.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

For a few months it was sleep whenever my son decided to sleep and wide awake when he was not...so 8:30PM to 6AM with occasional wakeup at 2AM. Now it's more like 10PM to 6AM. Have a kid. It'll turn your life upside down!

I've shifted my sleep schedule to accommodate less traffic before and after work.  I tend to get up around 4AM now, but I still get to bed around 11PM.  I've been doing this for a while now (well over a year), and the lack of sleep hasn't caught up to me yet, but I'm predicting that I'll hit a wall sooner or later and have to start going to bed earlier. :D

I usually  sleep around 12 am and wake up at 6am. Once I get more of a consistent schedule, and stick with a work out routine, I want to try to sleep 5hrs a day.  

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement