🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

demo of game in progress (different speedway)

Started by
21 comments, last by ufulio 1 year, 8 months ago

Steering is too direct for my liking (too much oversteer). Looks promising though!

Advertisement

m_waddams said:
Steering is too direct for my liking (too much oversteer). Looks promising though!

Now i tried using browser on host, and i agree. I can not stay on the track for long. That's really a big issue i think.
However - i'm also one of those guys who can not drive with realistic driving simulation games. I'm always too fast and don't get the curve. It's not possible to deliver a sense of acceleration and speed in games, which i guess is the reason.
But in this game my problem is slightly different: I fail to get out of the curve. I get in, but i react too late to get out.

One way to improve this might be to reduce the steering angle with increasing speed.
I tried this on a mobile racing game i worked on. Worked very well. Maybe you already do this, but if not, i'd try it.
Though - for my game i also had full speed assistance. I used AI cars to find the ideal speed on the spline offline, and the player car then used this speed. The player did only the steering, which eased up things further.

Regarding mouse steering, i only remember one game which had this. It was an Amiga game, maybe Indy 500.
I liked, and since then i wonder why no other racing games support this. Although i guess it's not trivial to get right.

If all else fails i would work on steering assistance.
But i know very little about racing games actually. There should be better advise from experienced people.

Oh, haha, only after all that i realize i can steer with arrow keys too. This was not obvious to me from the start.
(Edit: For the desktop version you could eventually remove the buttons and steering wheel overly. Without this the confusion on my side would not have happened.)

Works much better for me. But the steering angle feels too big still - the response is too extreme.
So i still recommend with experimenting on the speed → angle relation, our just using a smaller angle.

@JoeJ thanks ….really thanks …. we are working seriously on that …. steeriling assistence…

thanks

Altogether, it's pretty impressive. Great work!

i will upload a new update track for today at night ….. 2 tracks included …thanks for all comments

i apreciate so much …… !!!!

hi … this is just a video … in uno more hour i will upload the new track to you play ….

thanks for your comments always !

Could not find a way to select track from the web game.
But i thought it would be rewarding to give feedback when crossing a checkpoint. Like, the transparent plane could disappear.

UPDATED 2 new tracks to choose :

just the problem with shadows on HTML, but please your comments, and share thsi game to earn virtual coins for official release in dicember 2022

read description there … here the link to drive 2 new tracks

https://ufulio.itch.io/mautrack-test-002

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement