🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need Help - Unity Remote 5 Crash with any Input

Started by
3 comments, last by SVincent71 3 years, 3 months ago

Hey everyone!

I'm stuck, and need help finding a solution. I have been building a game for a couple months and have gotten to a point where I need to start testing touch controls. Keyboard controls are setup for editor and standalone builds, code is setup to switch to touch controls on mobile builds.

I'm using Unity Remote 5 on a LG G6 phone. I can get the game to show up on my phone screen. Now here is when it crashes. IF I keep my phone screen vertical, Unity will respond in the editor. The moment I try and flip my screen to horizontal (the way the game is meant to be played) OR I try to use any sort of touch input; the game freezes and Unity freezes (can't make any changes in Editor, not responding).

I would like to get Unity Remote working so I can start testing out touch controls.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Stephane

Advertisement

Sounds like and endless loop in Unity. Can you attach the Debugger (VisualStudio?) onto the game if it freezes and force a break to see what Unity is doing?

Much better to ask in the unity forums, there will be people who know this answer there.

@Shaarigan Thanks for the tip! I'm inexperienced in doing that, but I will definitely dive into it and try and figure that out.

@theblackrattie I definitely reached out in the Unity forums as well. Thanks for the lead!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement