🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How do you make your Construct 2 game run more smoothly

Started by
4 comments, last by Shaarigan 3 years, 3 months ago

I'm making a game that has a ton of effects and is overall beautiful (If it ran smoothly) How do I make it run smoother?

None

Advertisement

If you comment out line 21 in SpriteLayer.js you're not creating your sprite bank every frame, does that help?

JK; I don't see how anyone could know how to help without knowing what you've built and at least something about how you've built it.

Infinite_Studios said:
a game that has a ton of effects

Maybe that is the point? Everything you draw, everything you animate, every different kind of effect and graphics overall slows down the rendering process up to a point where your hardware is overwhelmed with draw calls. So you need to learn how to bake those together to do more work in less draws.

One point is perhaps clipping, why drawing 20 explosion animations when 15 of them are covered by the top most 5?

It also depends on the language you use. How efficient is it and what drawbacks does it have if you write certain instructions. Can your code be optimized, are you allocating a lot of memory every frame or constructing strings more regular and what about caching?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement