🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

minimalist game setup

Started by
24 comments, last by Calin 4 years, 4 months ago

Calin said:
this is not an app this is a game

Games write things as well though. Where do you put save files? Where do you put settings like sound/music volume? What about logs and such for debugging? A virtual disk is a pretty good place for those, and probably easier than any kind of network interface.

Although for logs a serial interface might also work, I really never looked at that.

Advertisement

SyncViews said:
What about logs and such for debugging

for something in early stages of development this the only reason to have disk write.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

It would be a good idea to learn assembly before doing systems programming in assembly.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

amandarai said:
if the graphics are good, then there are many long-term players

if you want to hook a player then you need a game that can do that i.e. a game with enough content for user to explore.

I have been looking at gamedev.net assembler threads it becomes repetitive at some point i don`t care about all the bragging, and there`s nothing on compilers.

systems programming in assembly

I looked up that in the other place. The reason I`m asking questions here is because this is the head.

Nobody in their right mind would install such a game, really can't see any reason not to use an OS for game development

.:vinterberg:.

vinterberg said:

Nobody in their right mind would install such a game, really can't see any reason not to use an OS for game development

thanks for kimming in and sharing your view

Just a question how do you compile the nehe asm code?

[edit]
never mind I found the answer to my question

at the core I`m not interested in the core architecture.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement