🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Composing music for video games, and making effects.

Started by
1 comment, last by nsmadsen 4 years, 7 months ago

I want to know, what programs they have used to compose music for games like crash bandicoot 3. I also want to know how they made sound effects to game like crash team racing.

Advertisement

Perhaps look up a "behind the scenes" or "making of" video of these games. But you need to know that the actual programs used (i.e. the DAWs - digital audio work stations) matter much less in most cases. That would be like asking "which pick up truck was used to move lumber around?" Most pick up trucks could do something like this. It's more the methods applied when using these tools that really make the big difference. 

So I would focus more on what approaches were used for creating that style of music and sound design. What plug-ins were used in the mixing and mastering as well as HOW were they applied. Same for sound design. That will teach you a whole lot more. 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement