🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New composer, looking to connect!

Started by
4 comments, last by nsmadsen 5 years, 1 month ago

Hey all,

I'm gh0stam, a brand new venture which is hoping to score your games. I work in any style and and am actively looking for a project(s) to jump in to.   

A little about me:

• I'm a self taught multi-instrumentalist who has been making music for roughly 25 years.
  • I was the singer, keyboards, and songwriter for Kid Architect from 2008 - present (we're technically on hiatus, but love eachother too much to officially break up the band).
  • I've been a fan of video game music since playing Sonic the Hedgehog as a 5 year old. Two of my current composer heroes are Austin Wintory and Disasterpeace

So hit me up with what you're working on, I'd love to collaborate. 

I'd also love to just connect with other devs/composers here. Any feedback or advice, musical or professional, is always welcome.

Thanks for reading!

-gh0stam

Advertisement

Welcome, gh0stam!

I'm a hobbyist video game music composer who's working more towards getting some of my music into games! I am not terribly familiar with playing any musical instruments, but I am self-taught in making music. I'm still brushing up on some music theory fundamentals and am working on getting outside of my musical "comfort zone" by experimenting a little more beyond just chiptunes (although I love making chiptune music!). 

Here's my channel if you want to check it out. Most of these are here in the forums as well, but this might be easier for you to find:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwSKbwTuwlJ3ytWSgbCkMyQ

I'm also looking to connect with fellow musicians, mostly for any advice or just to talk about what we're working on. :) 

-Bits & Pieces

Wow - I love your stuff gh0stam! Soul of the Woods is really cool. I'd love to record some saxophone over something like that. I've been working in game audio since 2005, play piano and saxophone with some guitar on the side. Nice to connect with you!

Thanks, 

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Hey Nate!

Thanks so much for listening. Funny you should say that, I originally wanted sax on that song! My dad plays, and I played throughout High School, so I'm always hearing parts. Some of my favorite fusion pieces are Yoko Kanno's Tower of Babel, as well as the Mirrormask soundtrack by Iain Ballamy. I would love to let you play on the track! Message me if you are interested and I'll shoot you some stems. I'd love to chat and pick your brain sometime, as I'm just getting into this world. 

Thanks again for reaching out.

gh0stam

Sure sounds good to me!

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement