🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Terrordrome - Reign of the Legends (Game OST)

Started by
3 comments, last by MichalRatkowski 5 years, 3 months ago

Hi there.
Im share some official music from incoming new game Terrordrome - ROTL. You can listen to 3 of the music composed for the game. The TRDM2 main theme and 2 stage tracks. 
What do you think??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIFFCATADGU&list=PL0yfRuNhQ0dUBVvCsTm_zLXkceZGGG9sf

-----
Official Fanpage: www.facebook.com/Ratkowski.Michal
Official Site; www.michalratkowski.com

Advertisement

Main Theme - pretty good. Not the strongest main theme I've heard but it's effective. 

Helsing Arcade - the drum pattern and some of the background elements got annoying after a while, to be honest. I think it's too present in the mix and too repetitive. I've been listening for over 1:30 and that same rhythm is just pounding away over and over. I'd consider adding some contrast. I'm also not hearing a ton of melody here but it is an in-game stage theme. So maybe you're wanting to leave the melody out for sound design and other in-game audio. 

Cemetery crossroad - Some of the same feedback from the previous track pertain to this one. I like the pipe organ but it's a bit too loud. Your overall mixes are VERY dry sounding to me. And you're recycling some of the same drum patterns from Helsing in this track. While that does create continuity, it also creates repetition. 

I don't hear a lot of depth or sense of space in your production. And many of your tracks rely pretty heavily on repetition, which can work but it can easily out stay its welcome. 

I think you have some good foundation here but IMO the soundtrack needs a bit more work, development and variety to truly be effective. Your stage themes have almost no melodies in them. They're just grooves with chord progressions. I'd dig deeper and see how you can put as much creative music out of these tracks as possible. 

Of course, I'm just one person and I've not played the game (or even seen it) so maybe your client is super happy with it. Hope that helps and best of luck to you! 

Thanks, 

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Thx for opinion ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement