🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Composer, looking for some collaborations.

Started by
2 comments, last by Salcar 5 years, 4 months ago

Hi all,

I would like a feedback on my music.

Others on my website:
https://www.salvatorecarannante.com/

Thank you so much :)

Advertisement

Terrific music, Salcar! Your Temple of Mercury stuff was really intriguing to listen to. Lot's of fun and exploratative sounds. Here's a few things that I noticed:

- Some songs are too dynamically loud in some parts. "Memoria d'acqua" for example has a intro build-up that is far louder in contrast to the following section.

- There is some muddiness in several tracks. I would suggest shaving off the low-end of any instrument that doesn't need it. Watch that you don't use too much reverb on low-end instruments as well.

- Some instruments/sounds can be a bit painful to listen to. Look at the frequencies of these instruments and notch out the frequencies that hurt your ear.

- For your website, I might consider a domain name that is easier to spell. Your full name does look professional as a website URL, however, so this is your call. Also, the "Music" section of your website is just a little too plain for me. There's too much white, so I suggest highlighting the music playlists in some way.

You definitely got a talent for music/sound design for sure though. I love your naturalistic approach to instrumentation, and I envision you having great success in the near future.

Good fortune!

Alec Weesner | Video-Game Composer

www.alecweesner.com

14 hours ago, Alec Weesner said:

Terrific music, Salcar! Your Temple of Mercury stuff was really intriguing to listen to. Lot's of fun and exploratative sounds.

Hi Alec,
Thank you so much!

- Some songs are too dynamically loud in some parts. "Memoria d'acqua" for example has a intro build-up that is far louder in contrast to the following section.

- There is some muddiness in several tracks. I would suggest shaving off the low-end of any instrument that doesn't need it. Watch that you don't use too much reverb on low-end instruments as well.

- Some instruments/sounds can be a bit painful to listen to. Look at the frequencies of these instruments and notch out the frequencies that hurt your ear.

Yes you are right, I known that problem, I'm going to improve as soon possible. Actually, the problem was an incorrect subwoofer calibration in my room (for those track). I will remastering.

For your website, I might consider a domain name that is easier to spell. Your full name does look professional as a website URL, however, so this is your call. Also, the "Music" section of your website is just a little too plain for me. There's too much white, so I suggest highlighting the music playlists in some way.

Yeah! interesting suggestions! I will keep in mind!

You definitely got a talent for music/sound design for sure though. I love your naturalistic approach to instrumentation, and I envision you having great success in the near future.

Many thanks! 
I'm visiting your website and your works: congrats!

P.S. Where can I route my works? Any suggestions?
Nice to meet you, and thanks for your feedback.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement