🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Week of Awesome VI - 2018?

Started by
7 comments, last by Tom Sloper 5 years, 1 month ago

Has there been any chat about week of Awesome VI this year? I'm trying to schedule some upcoming events for myself but I don't want to cut into Week of Awesome if I can help it. :)

- Eck

EckTech Games - Games and Unity Assets I'm working on
Still Flying - My GameDev journal
The Shilwulf Dynasty - Campaign notes for my Rogue Trader RPG

Advertisement

There was some discussion in chat, the consensus seemed to be that noone wanted to take on running it this year, if anyone is interested though I'm sure @slicer4ever could offer some advice.

- Jason Astle-Adams

It's quite a lot of work to run - I helped out with judging a couple of times, and even with most judges looking at only a fraction of the entries, it is a big time commitment.

I've also reached a point in my life where I can't find sufficient time to actually enter a week-long competition. Last time I attempted this I managed to carve out a mere two evenings to work on my entry :/ I have a feeling that either shorter or longer competition timescales work better for a lot of folks at my stage of life - it's much easier to carve out 24/48 hours for a game jam, or work on something a couple of evenings/week for 2-3 months.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Right on. I was just making sure I didn't miss it. I'm sorry it's looking like we're skipping it this year. Not sorry enough to do all the hard work myself, but still... :)

Oh, and thanks for all the hard work you guys put in on previous years.

- Eck

EckTech Games - Games and Unity Assets I'm working on
Still Flying - My GameDev journal
The Shilwulf Dynasty - Campaign notes for my Rogue Trader RPG

Ah, I'd wondered about this myself. So no Week of Awesome this year--that's disappointing, but not entirely unexpected, and quite understandable. Fair enough!

(And thank you, Eck, for asking after it, and thus getting an answer. ^_^)

12 hours ago, swiftcoder said:

it's much easier to carve out 24/48 hours for a game jam, or work on something a couple of evenings/week for 2-3 months.

One idea might be a four-week, Saturdays-only jam: entrants would be allowed to think about their project at other times, but only develop it (including asset-hunting) on Saturday.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

NOOOO!

Necro-ing this thread as I've become aware that the 2019 edition is not currently in anyone's plans.

Anyone interested in running this? I may not have the time to run it, but I may be able to contribute financially or as a judge, etc.

Locking thread. Anyone can start a new up-to-date thread easily.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement