🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Photogrammetry

Started by
2 comments, last by malk11 5 years, 12 months ago

Hi I'm new to this site and I didn't find any discussions about this topic so I made profile. 

I want to ask which software u have experience with or which one are you using. I'm kinda new to photogrammetry and I heard about some programs for example Reality Capture or Agisoft. I read about them online and I tried the RC on steam and it's working really well. It surprise me that the photos I used(taken with mobile phone) in RC made quite a good 3D model(using only trial version). So in conclusion I want to ask if the Agisoft is worth it or should I stuck with RC? 

Thank you for answering. :) (this is what I made)

Advertisement

I've only casually played with both, not serious use. Agisoft was around first, then RC came along and blew it out of the water with features / performance (at the time). We also did a hybrid LIDAR + photo reconstruction in RC, which was great. 

I assume Agisoft would've been keen to catch up, so I wouldn't discount them though (my experience is a few years old). 

Thank you ^^

I will definitely try out Agisoft. 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement