🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

32-bit Game runs very slow 64-bit i7.

Started by
6 comments, last by Tom Sloper 6 years ago

Hi, i made this game in DirectX9 on a 32 bit computer running windows XP.

My computer is a very cheap celeron processor bought for €36,- new more then 5 years ago.

It has on board video card, and my game runs very fast on it.

On this 64-bit i7 with video card and windows10 it runs at a very shocky framerate with many enemys in screen.

How is this possible ?, its not about the higher screen resolution, i tryd windowed mode with the same results.

Maybe anyone can help how to set up my game so it also runs fast on newer computers ?

thanks

S T O P C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70 Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

Advertisement

Is the windows 10 PC a laptop? Also what engine?

No the windows 10 computer is this desktop PC,

the game is made with my unfinished "Fast Engine". ( only it not makes this name true on a 64 bit pc ironicly )

Maybe i have a setting wrong somewhere ?

thanks

S T O P C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70 Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

12 minutes ago, the incredible smoker said:

the game is made with my unfinished "Fast Engine".

Check that the game is using the graphics card. I have had some problems with DirectX where it kept using the On-board instead of running the dedicated.

Check that DirectX is using Hardware Acceleration.

Thanks you Ninja,

i looken in task manager how much GPU %,

exactly where the slow part comes, the GPU goes down to 3%, how weird, while before that about 15%.

I might have some flag wrong set, i have the default settings from the examples i guess, it might have to do with the D3DXMesh class.

I let you know tomorrow if its good or not.

S T O P C R I M E !

Thank you again Ninja it all works perfect now.

First i tryd the mesh option to hardware only, then i got a crash, so i set that back.

Then i changed the init direct3D to use hardware, and all working perfectly now, the whole screen is full of enemys without any slowdown.

Nice, very happy.

S T O P C R I M E !

23 hours ago, the incredible smoker said:

it runs at a very shocky framerate with many enemys in screen. ...

Maybe anyone can help how to set up my game so it also runs fast on newer computers ?

This question does not fit in the Game Design forum. moving to a more appropriate forum. The Game Design forum is for game design discussion only.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement