🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What console do you recommend to program on?

Started by
24 comments, last by Robert Stoppel 6 years, 9 months ago
Just now, Infinisearch said:

You'd need a devkit... I don't think there's a homebrew community around modern consoles yet.

not a homebrew community, but taking a look at unreals terms for publishing is worth it. and the engine is quite stunning with all the support. If and why is not important, but making the first milestone sometimes pays of well for the community. You could take the lead in that aspect in the name of homebrewers, or you could keep searching. Remember: the fun begins with the most important part: you :D

Advertisement
1 minute ago, Robert Stoppel said:

but taking a look at unreals terms for publishing is worth it.

Unreal and Unity can export to consoles but IIRC you need permission or some such from Sony or MS first.  It not that simple.

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

and taking the opportunity to ask for consoles to be made open for home developement is up to us. Again, who takes the lead has the bragging rights right? Realisticly speaking a company is made of people, might be buisness but its done by humans after all. I bet someone has an ear for new ideas, in my opinion it would be an idea worth sharing. but it takes time and energy and we drifted off topic here, hope you're comfortable with it.

"Approval processes vary from platform holder to platform holder, contact them directly for more information and to access Unity console deployment builds."

Thats from the unity site.

and then there's this: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/947248/how-do-i-put-my-unity-game-on-a-ps4-disk.html

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

I guess setting up a company that releases homebrew games would be awesome... but thats all... lots of work and money investment. Not very realistic unless its the buisness model you would like to go for... thats way in deep in my opinion... alternatively you could publish for the computer, hope for a small community to form and go to hacking it onto various consoles from there... also best console is the smartphone if you want people get interrested, everyone has it, there is room for designing your own buttons, might push the smartphone console industry into a direction and add some location based features in as well... opens up new experience opportunities I suppose... also I apologize for being too lazy to do the research

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement