🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

WoA V - The Competition Thread

Started by
169 comments, last by zeldax 6 years, 10 months ago

First blog post for me as well:

Advertisement

Finished day one, Blog entry.

How do you get that nice fancy window linking to you blogs?
I don't see how that is done.

Edit by @khawk: Did it for you.

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

3 minutes ago, ryan20fun said:

How do you get that nice fancy window linking to you blogs?

I found copy and pasting the link as is, without using a link word, creates the window.

Copy the HTTPS:// address and paste.

Not had much time today but here is a quick first day post.

Hi all. Here is my first blog post. It's not a long one. I hope to be able to tell more tomorrow. Good night !

Day one XD:

hey guys, this is our entry xD

Not as much progress as I had hoped, but I got a little bit of a start.

I don't have a GDNet blog so I'll be posting directly to this thread :-)

Day 1 is over for me!

I spent the vast majority of the day just thinking about the themes and scribbling ideas in my notebook. I couldn't seem to settle on which 2 themes to choose. In the end I have seemed to settle with with Alien Invasion and Chain Reaction.

I won't go into too much detail about the idea this time around. But suffice it to say that the idea is more ambitious than I would prefer so whether I can do it justice remains to be seen! I might be tossing elements overboard as the week goes, so we'll see!

Speaking of elements that might get tossed overboard....

I've only spent a couple of hours coding today and I have successfully coded the world's most unrealistic fluid simulation, so that's something:

day1(end).png.dffab408b3a6b6801752a6dad0628430.png

Compared to some of the excellent progress I see going on in other people's blogs I feel a little behind just at the moment. My first day is always a slow one so hopefully I can knuckle down tomorrow and make some decent progress.

That's all for today I'm off to bed.

Here's is my current "progress" hopefully I get the basic design by tomorrow

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement