🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for DnD enthusiast/Unity game developer

Started by
-1 comments, last by balthatrix 7 years, 3 months ago

Hi there,

I have a really awesome prototype going for tactical rpg game that utilizes DnD 5e rules. I'd like to find an avid DnD nerd / Unity game dev to compliment my weak points, which are UX/Art/Illustration. I specialize in architecting mechanics, and creating content pipelines.

The style is retro/pixel graphics. Here are a few screenshots:

Screen+Shot+2017-03-27+at+12.06.30+PM.pn

Screen+Shot+2017-03-27+at+12.06.54+PM.pn

Screen+Shot+2017-03-27+at+12.05.45+PM.pn

My philosophy for development has been to make by-the-book combat, and so far I've done a good job. Here are some of the features built into the project so far:

-State machine that allows players and ai entities to break up their turn freely like in DnD. You can Move/Attack/Move more, or the reverse.

-Character creation widget, allowing you to choose race, class, abilities, skills, features, and name.

-Content pipelines set up for creating weapons, armour, classes, features, actions, battle maps, and new UIs very easily

-AI archetypes pipeline (so far I only have melee attacker archetype).

-A skirmish mode, which allows you to pit characters you've created against each other.

-Modular equipment animations. What-you-see-is-what-you-get as far as what you have equipped.

-System devised for handling difficult terrain, non-passable terrain, cover, and concealment.

My goal is to release a vertical-slice demo by a couple months from now, with skirmish mode and possibly a first level in a campaign. You would probably be working on making the UI clearer/prettier/easier. Though it's statistically unreasonable to think this project would go viral, it definitely has potential, and I would be willing to split interest in it with you.

Please respond if you would be interested in working on this with me!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement