🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for feedback on recent work!

Started by
1 comment, last by Jed_Crouch 7 years, 5 months ago

Hi guys, I recently finished a short demo piece for a client. I would love some feedback on it! Mainly on the composition itself, rather than the quality of the production. The piece is in the style of Grant Kirkhope, the composer & sound designer that worked on N64 titles such as Banjo-Kazooie and Goldeneye.

https://soundcloud.com/jed-crouch/demo-banjo-kazooie

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement

The composition is really fun! Even with the sounds you have, I'd recommend creating more bass in your piece. It's lacking depth and bottom-end and if done right this can give the piece more impact while keeping it fun and light in the other areas.

Overall, musically, very fun and very appropriate! Nice job!

Nate

Also, I know it's just a short demo but there's lot of potential for chromatic movement and expansion of ideas which you could possibly do in a full version of this track.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

That's an excellent reply, thanks for the feedback! I agree, there isn't as much going on in the upper-low as there should be :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement