🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hey guys! New here, just sharing my stuff for some advice

Started by
0 comments, last by janwinnicki 7 years, 5 months ago

Hello! I'm new here, just looking for some advice on how to improve my sound fx. I've been using audacity, but are there better programmes to use?

Any and all advice would be wonderful!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2DbWcqqAHt-dmZNbzBBaUpOMlE

Advertisement

It's difficult to say to much about sounds since they are out of context. The ultimate factor is if they fit where they are intended to be. But listening to them right now I can suggest to pay attention to places where sound starts, ends and where it has to loop. If they are not looped sounds they should definitely start in '0' dB to avoid problems like clicking. The same for the ends. You can ignore it if you are certain that sound engine can handle such situation or you do it intentionally. The problem is apparent for example in Laser Firing.wav file.

For editing programs you can use whatever you like actually starting with typical audio editing software from Adobe or Sony brands or even DAW if you feel comfortable with. Some people find Reaper very convenient for this purpose. In my opinion it is best to have a couple of aplications which will suit for a different purposes and can complement each other in their roles.

♫♪♩♫ sound effects ♦ music ♦ for games ♫♪♩♫

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement