🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for a programmer/mentor

Started by
4 comments, last by KB90 7 years, 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Kris. I have an idea of a simple resources management game. I have made few assets so far and trying to put together a prototype, but don't know where to start as my coding knowledge is close very limited.

I don't expect someone who would do all the coding. I just need someone who could put me on the right track.

I was thinking to make game in Unity or Gamemaker but everything is considered.

I prefer skype.

If you are interested PM me or write a comment.

Thank you!

Advertisement
I can maybe help you with somethings in coding. Skype or discord?
Skype name =minateo

If you have a great sense of design better than the average person and is willing to learn an interface you don't need to code. Unity and gamemaker are drag and drop so my best advice for those would be to just try them out.

Regardless, You have an idea, before we even begin to think about coding a single bit/byte we must first completely design the resource management game. You must DRAW the rules and conditions that govern your game.

Show me what you got.

You might consider joining the chat, you will be able to get nearly-real-time help for specific questions you might have from a variety of different folks.

Thank you for answers.

Laurent, I have already tried Unity and it is not drag and drop, far from it. It requires coding for even basic tasks. I have wrote most of the rules and conditions, also made few main assets.
Minateo is helping me and we already started to work on a game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement