🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Learning of 3d art and various options available in India

Started by
1 comment, last by sachin_kumawat 7 years, 9 months ago

Hello all, I've been currently learning 3d art and modelling using 3ds max and also c++ for basic programming & i have very much interest in gaming and want to pursue game development in future(art , animation or programming). But i have question how long it will take to learn 3d art because i don't have any experience and i can't do any art related course. I am currently doing electrical engineering from one of IIT's in India but i don't have any interest to pursue it in future. Also i have no options available for doing an course on art or animation from any other college. Someone please guide me what i can opt since in India very less options are available for game development and where to start. Thank you.

Advertisement

i have very much interest in gaming and want to pursue game development in future(art , animation or programming).

It takes about 3-4 years dedication to learn a skill, for this reason most people choose either 3D modeling, Animating or programming; learning all 3 is going to be though.

I started out attempting all three, after seven years, of professional 3D modeling, I was able to reduce the time I needed to practice 3D modeling and start adding animation to my daily training; I am a amateur programmer.

I even had to give up on my dream of making games for the time being, now I only make games as a hobby when I have free time.

Someone please guide me what i can opt since in India very less options are available for game development and where to start.

I remember reading that the Indian market was leading in mobile apps, a few years ago; why not start there?

As for what skill to learn, only you can decide that, give them all a try and stick with the one you can dedicate your live to learning.

i have very much interest in gaming and want to pursue game development in future(art , animation or programming).

It takes about 3-4 years dedication to learn a skill, for this reason most people choose either 3D modeling, Animating or programming; learning all 3 is going to be though.

I started out attempting all three, after seven years, of professional 3D modeling, I was able to reduce the time I needed to practice 3D modeling and start adding animation to my daily training; I am a amateur programmer.

I even had to give up on my dream of making games for the time being, now I only make games as a hobby when I have free time.

Someone please guide me what i can opt since in India very less options are available for game development and where to start.

I remember reading that the Indian market was leading in mobile apps, a few years ago; why not start there?

As for what skill to learn, only you can decide that, give them all a try and stick with the one you can dedicate your live to learning.

Thanks for answering my questions, i will keep this in mind. You mean i should focus on particular field like modeling or programming.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement