🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need feedback on my latest Action/Ambient piece.

Started by
0 comments, last by The Lost OST 8 years, 2 months ago

[media]https:

[/media]

It is a live performance so there are certain imperfections present.

So be harsh, so I can iron them out.

Advertisement

Very atmospherical composition and sound, nice. Makes me think of a somewhat friendlier and less-psychotic version of Hotline Miami's OST in some places.
I get the feeling everything is a bit too loud and fighting for space, though. Take 3:21 for example, I think I can hear (undesired?) clipping, which I heard in some other spots as well. It's probably mostly because the bass synth is very loud and takes up a lot of space. Perhaps it's a good idea to either cut some low frequencies from other sounds, reduce the volume of the bass or maybe even both. I'd like the lead/percussive synths to really shimmer through the mix when they appear every now and then :) right now they sound muffled, and I think that's because of the overall loudness being too extreme. Maybe play around with the stereo field a bit more as well, I think everything's centered around the, well, center, and it could sound even more immersive and engulfing by broadening some of the synths.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement