🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Seeking feedback on "Welcome to the New World", my new orchestra piece.

Started by
2 comments, last by Kasu-_- 8 years, 2 months ago

Hey, YoungProdigy here. I recently completed a new orchestra composition called "Welcome to the New World"..

You can listen to it at the link below:

https://soundcloud.com/youngprodigymusic/young-prodigy-welcome-to-the-new-world

Advertisement

I like it, Im not really sure what feedback I can give without the context of the music, it sounds like it would fit a JRPG well. Also it seems like some of the instruments are very hard panned with not much going on in the center, not sure if this was intentional. I listened to some other music on your channel, I like your general sound, your melodies are quite unique.

I like it, Im not really sure what feedback I can give without the context of the music, it sounds like it would fit a JRPG well. Also it seems like some of the instruments are very hard panned with not much going on in the center, not sure if this was intentional. I listened to some other music on your channel, I like your general sound, your melodies are quite unique.

Thanks for the comment. As for the panning; that's just how the samples are panned by default.

The song sounds nice and fitting to some RPG town.

The panning is quite distracting so you could try a bit narrower image with some instruments.

Again, check the attacks or the whole envelope of at least the violins which sound a bit weird at times.

-Lassi

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement