🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Started by
7 comments, last by The Lost OST 8 years, 1 month ago

Hi people!

I'm very much interested in your feedback on my latest project:

I'm hoping for feedback on the music mainly, but any thoughts on the video/timing/visual & sonic dynamics would be greatly appreciated. Of course, in return, I'll check out your musical endeavours as well and give you honest and detailed feedback!

Thanks in advance,

The Lost OST

Advertisement

Really nice work, I like it a lot. I'd like to hear a bit more of those chugging guitars which are pretty buried under the synths. Maybe just move them around in the stereo field a bit to just to get them to poke out a little. But other than that I think it's great!

Thanks, happy to hear that! Yeah, I agree on the guitars, I couldn't get them as clear/powerful as I wanted. Playing around with their position in the stereo field some more might be a good idea, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback!

Wow, you really can do multiple genres, this sounds great in my opinion, you should get hired...

Those are kind words, thank you very much :)

Two words: LOVE IT!

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Thanks people, I'm flattered :D

There's a really neat blend of sounds here. I like the way the chiptunes are integrated (I guess that's the term). Basically fun stuff. SOME of the sampler sounds come across as a little shrill and piercing to me at times though (there are some sounds I would tone down).

I tend to like compositions where I have an easy time grabbing onto a "theme" or message of the piece, in games or otherwise, and struggled a bit with this one.

At any rate though it's nice background music for this kind of thing.

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to listen to my stuff :)

I agree with the shrill-thing. In fact, I feel like the entire mix could be redone with some more focus on the impact of the low end, because the top end does shriek from time to time. I tried to emulate the classic Megaman sound by making it sound not too full sound-wise, because the classic chipset of course couldn't produce full-fledged rock music :P The result is, indeed, a bit too piercing sometimes.
As for the theme, from 00:10 onwards the first theme starts, and from 00:30 the real melody kicks in. The first theme is also accompaniment, so not a very clear melodic theme, but I feel the second theme couldn't be much more melodic :P but maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment? Thanks nevertheless!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement