🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for feedback on *Castle Theme*

Started by
1 comment, last by cock 8 years, 5 months ago

*NOW CLOSED*

Advertisement

The drones sustain for way too long without significant variation in the piece. There either needs to be a whole new section to this, or you need to add something to pull attention away from them. I know you're going for a suspenseful and dark feel, but at the moment it's too plodding to evoke suspense or drama. The sample quality is noticeable low, but if you're going for a retro SNES/N64 kind of feel that's fine.

There are a lot of technical problems with the mix. First it's either over-compressed and/or not compressed correctly. I can hear some peaks and even just looking at the waveform you can see there are no dynamics left in this track. It's also very midrange heavy which can be difficult to listen to. I would change the EQing, Panning, Automation, Compression, and the Limiting.

I know that sounded like a lot of bad stuff, but I like the idea of the track. I think with some reworking of the composition and the mix it could be a really good track. With that in mind I'll hold off on giving it a rating.

The drones sustain for way too long without significant variation in the piece. There either needs to be a whole new section to this, or you need to add something to pull attention away from them. I know you're going for a suspenseful and dark feel, but at the moment it's too plodding to evoke suspense or drama. The sample quality is noticeable low, but if you're going for a retro SNES/N64 kind of feel that's fine.

There are a lot of technical problems with the mix. First it's either over-compressed and/or not compressed correctly. I can hear some peaks and even just looking at the waveform you can see there are no dynamics left in this track. It's also very midrange heavy which can be difficult to listen to. I would change the EQing, Panning, Automation, Compression, and the Limiting.

I know that sounded like a lot of bad stuff, but I like the idea of the track. I think with some reworking of the composition and the mix it could be a really good track. With that in mind I'll hold off on giving it a rating.

Ah thanks for the feedback, the piece isn't done, it's still in works, I realised the buildup goes for much too long, I will fix it, I was looking for feedback to see if the track can be better. You've gave me more than 1 reason to fix it, thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement