🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[Audio/OST] Assistance Please (HelpMe) (Questions)

Started by
2 comments, last by LukeJR 8 years, 5 months ago

Hello Game Developers,

Okay, so this might feel really Nostalgia to some of you. Most of you I imagine, but in the 90’s this game was freaking Awesome. PS1 Edition, the N64 was really bad, I mean it had faults. So, the reason I am on this Forum is due to me wanting to create a Project that brings back that Nostalgia, and continues the flow of how amazing it was. Today, I am here to ask a question, as well as find out more about how I can begin with Audio & Sound.

To Cut This Short:

I have the Project (Early Days)

I have the Ideas for Soundtracks, Audio, and Sound.

I just need to know how I can develop soundtracks similar to this:

Construction-Yard (Sound Track)

Allies & Gullies:

Okay, so this is known as Construction-Yard. It has this great tune that doesn’t leave your mind. It’s memorable, and I can certainly say that most of the soundtracks in this Game are just freaking amazing!

Elevator Hop – Awesome! Allies & Gullies – Amazing! ~ And all the other ones are just as good.

QUESTIONS THAT I NEED ANSWERS FOR:

[1] What instruments do you recommend for me to be able to make a Soundtrack similar to this? – Maybe tell me what Instruments you know for certain that are in this Soundtrack. I’d love to know myself, but I have no idea, I just have several theories on what instruments might have been used here.

[2] Where can I get a whole lot of Sounds that go with this soundtrack? Someone mentioned Komplete 10 – I think they might be onto something. What do you think?

[3] What Software should I use to make Music like this? I have FL Studio, do you think I could make something like this on FL Studio? Or is that not possible?

Thank You for your time,

I really hope I get a few replies, or even just one that answers my questions.

- LukeJR

Advertisement

#1 It's not the instruments that will make a similar track but rather the style and mood it evokes. It's light quirky jazz for the most part. But just to answer it straight up, there's a bunch of brass, chimes, what's probably suppose to be a wah kind of guitar, a gong, drum kit, xylophone, a harpsicord-ish thing, and some musical sound effects.

#2 Komplete 10 would cover most of what you need. If you want that 90's sample quality as well you could go for SampleTank. Some of the odd glass and metal effects you could recreate with Omnisphere.

#3 Any DAW (including FL Studio) would be capable of making something like this as long as your musical composition skills are up to the task.

#1 It's not the instruments that will make a similar track but rather the style and mood it evokes. It's light quirky jazz for the most part. But just to answer it straight up, there's a bunch of brass, chimes, what's probably suppose to be a wah kind of guitar, a gong, drum kit, xylophone, a harpsicord-ish thing, and some musical sound effects.

#2 Komplete 10 would cover most of what you need. If you want that 90's sample quality as well you could go for SampleTank. Some of the odd glass and metal effects you could recreate with Omnisphere.

#3 Any DAW (including FL Studio) would be capable of making something like this as long as your musical composition skills are up to the task.

Thank You So Much! (: You have answered pretty much everything!

BUMP

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement