🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Indie Game Company Names

Started by
19 comments, last by Unduli 8 years, 6 months ago

Roseling

mostates by moson?e | Embrace your burden

Advertisement

Kokorose

Very very far from a joke like name to me!

My second big favorite is Reloaded Roses (it's like lovers in arms kind of thing)

Suggestions:

Red Rose Games

Games of the Red Rose - Grr for an acronym

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Chaos Rose

or

Rosy Cheek Games

Maybe something like, "Gunrose" Games (GRG)?

If you like that kind of music...

But it also matters who your target audiences are for your products, games or not.

The above might not be appropriate if your target is for say kids under 15.

factor that in, and maybe how many core people your starting with, might inform your a # tack on, or # of rose petals for your logo, like Red 5Studios.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

Alright so, me and a couple of friends are working together to make games, comics and merchandise through college as a side project. We were thinking of a rose theme for our company- but so far we've gotten nowhere making names. (Honestly we're pretty stupid so we keep making joke names)

Here's a list of "decent" names we've come up with for reference:
-Unrose
-Rerose
-Kokorose (a joke name, but at least it flows nice?)
-Reloaded Roses
-Retrorose (Retrose was taken :/)

It doesn't exactly need to follow the rose theme, but does anyone have any suggestions?

If you were based in Tokyo, you could call yourself Tokyo Rose. laugh.png

Rerose and Unrose sounds like you are using the past-tense of the word "rise", instead of a flower. (i.e. "he rose from the grave").

You could do something that highlights and subverts the expected material properties of a rose. Like "Wilted rose", or "Shattered Rose".

Or something like "pRose", and styling it in your logo specifically to highly both "prose" and "rose" (and also being a programmer injoke for a pointer-to-a-rose).

Things like Rose-etta with a flower carved on a stone tablet, or some other dual-meaning.

Honestly, I'm just going to use my name for my games at this point in time, because being personable and open and available is one of the primary strengths of indies.

If you were based in Tokyo, you could call yourself Tokyo Rose.

hahah there is a band here by that name.

Rose Thorn studios?

Doesn't "studios" imply a company spanning multiple studios? Just curious.

Sure. So just say "Studio".

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Depends. DarklyDreaming and I had a big discussion about this a few years back - you can read the discussion to get two separate perspectives on it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement