🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Another feedback request thread...

Started by
1 comment, last by FastnBulbous 8 years, 8 months ago

I'm sure I'd be preaching to the converted if I explained why I've decided to produce a No Man's Sky inspired piece. I'm pretty pleased with it, particularly the piano part but would be very grateful for some objective feedback on how I might have done things differently.

Here'tis... https://soundcloud.com/markcaudery/no-mans-sky

Advertisement

I like this track a lot, nice work. My only thought it that it seems a little thin. I can't quiet hear where it is, but it sounds like there's a big hole in the the mid to mid-low range which is keeping it from having a more dramatic feel. May also benefit from a more natural piano sound, something more like a grand that would make a nice counterpoint to the rest of the more electronic ensemble.

I like this track a lot, nice work. My only thought it that it seems a little thin. I can't quiet hear where it is, but it sounds like there's a big hole in the the mid to mid-low range which is keeping it from having a more dramatic feel. May also benefit from a more natural piano sound, something more like a grand that would make a nice counterpoint to the rest of the more electronic ensemble.

Hey thanks a lot for the feedback. Definite food for thought. I hadn't noticed the mid to low-mid hole, that'll learn me for not using a spectrum analyser. :) I disagree on the piano though. I like the otherworldly feel of the heavily filtered piano sound. Perhaps some momentary natural sounding piano in places would have been good though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement