🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

question about concealing personal informations

Started by
1 comment, last by frob 8 years, 9 months ago

hi everyone, I wanted to know if it's possible to keep my own personal informations reserved under a company name, so that people can't get direct access to my personal infos through the company I published a game with.

for example in case I want to publish games with adult contents but I don't want my name to be publicly associated with them.

Advertisement

Quick google search returned this link which you might find interesting:

http://www.justanswer.com/business-law/2im6u-legally-hide-ownership-company-not.html

Trusts are mentioned under this links as one way of hiding your ownership of a company.

As a matter of fact, almost all of the rich and famous have trusts all over the place. I will let you use your own imagination on why they do that... my first guess is to hide their wealth from whoever might be interested, but I'm sure there are other less shady reasons to do it. Seems you can not only use it to hide money, but also company ownership.

I wanted to know if it's possible to keep my own personal informations reserved under a company name

Yes. A good business lawyer can set you up with that. There are several legal hoops you need to jump through which vary by location. You'll need to basically have all messaging go through the lawyer or a service. It costs some money, but it is possible.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement