🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Technical audio questions?

Started by
3 comments, last by xoxos 8 years, 11 months ago

I can't find a good place to ask audio questions. IIRC, back on the day there was an "audio" forum, but now we only have "Music and sound", about the "creative side" according to the description.

Where should I ask technical questions about audio?

Advertisement

For technical questions, there are a few suitable places for different kinds of audio related questions. You have Maths and Physics for mathematical and theoretical questions, APIs and Tools if you have problems with specific audio APIs, and then there's always the last resort for anything related to programming: General Programming. Pick a place that seems suitable; we'll move it if it's entirely out of place.

I can't find a good place to ask audio questions. IIRC, back on the day there was an "audio" forum, but now we only have "Music and sound", about the "creative side" according to the description.

Where should I ask technical questions about audio?

Ask them in Music and Sound (I moved your post there).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This is the probalby right place-- lots of folks here can provide answers to most technical questions about game audio

Brian Schmidt

Executive Director, GameSoundCon:

GameSoundCon 2016:September 27-28, Los Angeles, CA

Founder, Brian Schmidt Studios, LLC

Music Composition & Sound Design

Audio Technology Consultant

i know "music" is like "woah" but "sound" is pretty catch-all in regards to audio ;) technically..

most common methods are well documented. i realise this may seem like promotion, especially given the basic nature of the material.... i made a pdf with audio dsp notes of some simple common methods.. not stuff like filters which are documented elsewhere.. might be a useful brain jog.
http://www.xoxos.net/sem/dsp2public.pdf

neither a follower nor a leader behttp://www.xoxos.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement