🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Fennekin

Started by
4 comments, last by Scouting Ninja 9 years, 1 month ago

This is Fan Art Pokèmon Fennekin

hKmpn.jpg

Update with texture (Color)

hKvxF.jpg

Advertisement

The mesh is really good. Very natural anatomy and proportions, even the back legs that stump a lot of artist is well made.

The color texture spoils the mesh and fights against the mesh, you should allow the color to flow with the mesh and highlight the details you worked so hard on making.

I advise you look into texturing and shaders, because your model looks a lot better with the default ZBrush shader.

3D artist good with organic models like this is rare, most stick with hard edge modeling, you really have the skills for it.

http://www.3dtotal.com/ is a good place for 3D artists to get some inspiration.

Have you attempted to make a game model from this one yet?

let's say I would like to specialize on world cartoon game anyway thank you very much for the feedback

11272290_1591970067740127_1573666243_n.j

Cartoon Shader used maya

The cartoon shading does look better.

have you retopologized yet?

If you make a lower topolagy of the model I would like to see it.

yes this is my first retopology Lol :)

hO5ui.png

Looks good and clear, easy to see what it is.

A few tips that could help you, if you do manual retopology:

Select a max cylinder vertex count, say like 6-8 for legs, 10-12 for body and 4-6 for small details.

Focus on the details and features you want.

Check your silhouette, it's what the player will see first.

Learn a bit of animation, it will teach you where the mesh needs to bent and stretch.

Good topology is important for both the high and low poly model, so if you are good at making one you can make the other.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement