🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New song out (not game related)

Started by
4 comments, last by CCH Audio 9 years, 4 months ago

Like the title says, this isn't related to a game project. In fact, it's not related to any project at all. Just something I did for fun.

I hope you like it: http://madsenstudios.com/dreaming-of-summer/

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Advertisement

Great track, I already feel like it might be just slightly warmer outside now from that (c: Very jazzy, I like it.

I did notice that there is some high frequency buzzing around 1:20ish, can't really tell what track it's on.

Thanks!

I did notice that there is some high frequency buzzing around 1:20ish, can't really tell what track it's on.

That's on one of the patches I used.

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

That Sax isn't a patch is it? Sounds way too good to be midi

Oh no, the sax, trumpet and bass are live instruments. Everything else is virtual.

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Oh no, the sax, trumpet and bass are live instruments. Everything else is virtual.

Good call. MIDI has really progressed so far and there are so many great virtual instruments but brass just doesn't translate well for whatever reason. When they're buried and mixed under it's fine, but in the forefront brass MIDI always sounds so fake (or at least I'm not aware of a great brass patch)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement