🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

LAN Gaming problems - Help!

Started by
0 comments, last by CaSe SeNsItIvE 22 years, 8 months ago
Ive just recently built my current computer (1.2ghz, geforce 2 mx 400, 256mb ddrram) and i thought of networking my old pc to my new one. So i bought 2 BCN/RJ45 combo 10/100 network cards with a RJ45 crossover cable. I can transfer data between computers fine but my problems start when i play games. We link up and playing for about five/ten min (depends on the game) and my computer (the more powerfull of the two) either crashes or restarts by itself. Help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
ello,
Well if you didn''t notice just yet... This is a game developers forum. NOT technical support! Please contact your hardware/software producers instead posting questions here.
And as I answer to it already, I will write you what I would do:
1.try exchanging cards (between your computers), one might be slightly damaged and it appears rarely(or it might not-well fit and it comes in problem from time to time)(very low
probability)
2.try using newer/older drivers for your network cards, graphic card, whatever might cause it.(Most probable)
3.if you have a friend somewhere near you, try borrowing his card and using it in your computer, if it works flawlessly either exchange cards between yourself (if he''s ok with it) or buy the same card as he has (if nothing else helps...)

sorry for my poor english, hope it helps...

With best regards,
Mirek Czerwiñski
http://kris.top.pl/~kherin/
With best regards, Mirek Czerwiñski

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement