🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

WIP Need Some Feedback

Started by
1 comment, last by CalebFaithMusic 10 years, 2 months ago

Hi everyone smile.png

I haven't posted here in awhile so its nice to be getting involved once again! I'd love some feedback for a current WIP of mine which I've been working on the last day or so smile.png

Well here goes:

https://soundcloud.com/caleb-faith/wip-omega-trade-co-main-theme

Advertisement
Hello.
I really enjoyed hearing your piece. There are some good moments, like the beginning with that smooth texture of electronic and orchestral, and later with the dynamic changes of the brass. The quality of the arrangement sounded good to me.

One thing I would try to improve is the attack of the brass on faster notes. At some short moments, like at 1:05, that succession of notes reveals the slow attack of the brass sample\patch.
For these faster notes I would try sequencing with a faster attack on the virtual instrument that you might be using.

Hello.
I really enjoyed hearing your piece. There are some good moments, like the beginning with that smooth texture of electronic and orchestral, and later with the dynamic changes of the brass. The quality of the arrangement sounded good to me.

One thing I would try to improve is the attack of the brass on faster notes. At some short moments, like at 1:05, that succession of notes reveals the slow attack of the brass sample\patch.
For these faster notes I would try sequencing with a faster attack on the virtual instrument that you might be using.

Awesome thanks :) I'll take a look at the attack thing. I was using a legato patch so it will be easy to change (only some velocity tweaking). Thankyou for the feedback

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement