🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Problem with LostLogic's MP Programming Book

Started by
2 comments, last by OldRod 22 years, 8 months ago
I purchased the book Multiplayer Game Programming by LostLogic today and installed the RPGQuest demo to check it out (yes I skipped ahead a few chapters ). Has anyone gotten this to run successfully? I can run the client once, but then the second time, I get errors saying there is no compatible 3D device available. Only way to get it to run again is to reboot the computer. I already had the DX 8 SK installed from working with Power Render, so I didn''t install it from the CD. Anyone tried this demo?
Advertisement
Anyone have an idea what''s wrong? I did a search and found several people with the same problem, but no solutions yet.
I know there is a FIX for *a* problem in this demo, so you may want to go to lostlogic''s home page and then to book link. This may solve the problem, not to mention there is a binary download of most of the projects, which wasnt included in the CD as it should have been.

Lostlogic site = www.lostlogic.com
Thanks, I''ll check over there

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement