🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Feedback on music tracks.

Started by
1 comment, last by Ashraf Ansari 10 years, 5 months ago

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and I just wanted to get some feedback/opinions on some music tracks I've composed for a horror platformer that I'm currently developing. Please give me some honest critique. smile.png

https://soundcloud.com/ashraf-ansari-1

Advertisement

It feels creepy and the palette you used is interesting and away from the expected norm.

I wonder how it would be slowed down or skipping every 2nd or 2nd and 3rd note. The only concern I have is because of the piercing nature of bells (and it depends on how it's mixed into the game) is listener fatigue. You could also try EQing the song and notching out a little 1-3k.

Otherwise great job for settting the mood.

Game Audio Professional
www.GroovyAudio.com

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it. :) I totally get what you're saying. I've also had some concerns about the high notes/bells on the "Crystals" track. I'm assuming that's the one you were thinking of as well? I definitely agree with you that I should spend some time with the EQ on that one and take som of the edge off of the high notes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement