🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Electronic Rock Boss

Started by
3 comments, last by xCatalyst 10 years, 5 months ago

Here a Other New Song, Please Leave FeedBack.

avatars-000046867034-5db78u-t200x200.jpg

Advertisement

(Disclaimer: I'm listening on a laptop right now so take that into consideration)

I liked the energy and drive of the track. Works for a boss fight. To my ears, on this set up, I felt there could be a bit more bass (both in frequencies and in bass guitar itself) in the mix. It lacked depth on the lower end. But that might be these laptop speakers as well. :) Assuming this is for a video game, does it loop well? I did think you could have come up with another section for a bit more diversity but perhaps the client only had budget (or bandwidth) for a certain amount of music.

Thanks for sharing.

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I do agree it lacked on the lower end. But it fit that Sonic feel you tagged it with.

Thanks Guys I really appreciate it a lot. well i could add more bass(I really would glad to do it xD) but i didnt have nothing in mind to make. when it means in making more sections, Im alittle stuck about it...and yes it got a Sonic feelling because is inspirared of the Adventure compositor work.

PS: This part of my portafolio of work(Non-Client involve), still looking for a good opportunitie. xD

It's not a bad start; I enjoyed it for the most part.

Now, some things I'd say could use some work:

-You have essentially the same high-hat riff playing for the majority of the track. Percussion is the type of thing that you really want to avoid any type of repetition in.

-I'd suggest some type of break in the track. I'm only really hearing a verse then chorus then post chorus then verse then chorus then post... etc. I think somebody before me said something along the lines of this as well. A good rule to go by to avoid repetition is If you can listen to the track for something like twenty minutes in a row without getting sick of it, then you're in the clear.

-The rhythm guitar sounds a bit muffled. I see where people are coming from when they say to add more bass, but honestly, I think you could use some more treble as well on that guitar.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement