🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New Member: Introduction And Examples

Started by
-1 comments, last by GDZ 10 years, 8 months ago

Hello everyone,

my name is Sebastian and I am a passionate sound designer. I am an old git (39 yrs) and started with good the old C64 (playing games) back in the days and later Amiga (playing games and doing some tracker stuff). I play mostly RPG & TF2. I like atmospheric stuff, hud sounds...everything that can be synthesized . Though I like fieldrecording and good samples I am more into pure synthesis.

I like to make everything from scratch with my synths. I am doing sound design for more than 7 years now on my own and though I am not a composer hopefully my tracks don´t sound that amateurish. And because I am new here I thought it would be a good idea to post some stuff that I have made recently.

Right now I am working with a guy from ZA who is developing a new soft synth for PC. I am doing beta testing and pacthbank design for him. The following example has been made with only using this synthesizer (which is monophonic btw) as some kind of tech demo. It still sounds like a good intro for a scifi game. 99% of the fx are the synths own ones. Only some additional compression and distortion has been added. That`s the first example. The second example was a quick proof of concept for me if I am able to do other things than "just music".

C&C would be nice but the intention of this post was to introduce myself and my work. Hopefully I will find some like mided people on this board because it is pretty dang hard to find other people that like to chat about more "in depth" sound design.

I hope you enjoy them.

Regards

Sebastian

https://soundcloud.com/hydi-testcenter/hydi-1-3-beta-trailer-arr-wip

https://soundcloud.com/wavebender-1/torchlight-2-inspired-atmo

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement