🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My mouse is driving me insane.

Started by
-1 comments, last by wfrye2005 12 years, 10 months ago
A malfunctioning left-click. At first, it just occasionally registered a double-click instead of a single. Then it started becoming more frequent. Now, almost every click either registers as a double or not at all. It's... more frustrating than I can effectively describe. It's a Logitech MX620, and it's within warranty, but I've been going back and forth with their customer service for a while now (usually with two full working days between their replies) and they don't seem to want to replace it. This angers me, but it also means I can shop for an entirely new mouse rather than getting this clunky thing replaced!

I get the feeling most of you are already prepared to recommend the G500 or G9X (based on the sheer volume of positive reviews on Newegg), but I'm not so sure--I'm a bit concerned about the scroll wheels. I'd like an easily clickable scroll wheel for panning/rotating in various 2D and 3D design programs (GIMP, Blender, etc.). My MX620's wheel is awful--you practically have to step on the thing to click it, and it's nearly impossible to click without also scrolling. Since the newer Logitech mouse's scroll wheels look identical to mine (and I've read similar complaints about them), I'm a bit skeptical.

I'm more than open to non-Logitech mice too, what with the runaround they've been giving me. I've seen some recommendations for Mionix and Razer around the various message boards, but not a word about the clickability of the wheel. That's important info, dang it. >:[

So yeah, to summarize: easily clickable scroll wheel; good for programming, modeling, and also gaming; and reliable--it should at least survive the entire warranty period. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Didn't even notice that this board is dead. How embarrassing. >__<

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement