🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

a big question

Started by
0 comments, last by mad_hatter 22 years, 10 months ago
HI all. I was just wonedering...okay once u have all the people on the game team u need. How do u get all the data that the team has made and cobineit to make the game? plz post.thanx in advance laterz-mad_hatter
Advertisement
I''m going to make an assumption, actually many, but here''s one strategy. (Out of many I might add)

Providing you all have decent communication lines you could go with a black box type approach. A team lead is responsible for delegating the work load to all the members. Each on is give a task, or module if you will, that follows along these rules. This goes on, you do your magic here, this stuff comes out. How the person does their "magic" shouldn''t concern anybody outside of this box or module and others code shouldn''t affect this persons task either.

You should have plenty of documentation, ideas fleshed out and a general plan of attack before you do any kind of program creation. i.e. code, music, graphix, etc.

Regardless of who came up with the project you should drop politics and let the guy/gal with experience take the helm if they possess leadership qualities. The goal is a product, not bragging rights. If done correctly, everyone will get to brag when it''s done, because it will absolutely take each and everyone of you to pull it off.

The short answer to this can of worms is:
One foot in front of the other with attention to details the whole way through

YAP-YFIO
-deadlinegrunt

~deadlinegrunt

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement