🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to reshow dialog boxes on MBP?

Started by
4 comments, last by l jsym l 14 years, 5 months ago
Hey, I'm trying to figure out how to get my files on my external hardrive not to be "read only" because I recently got a Mac Book Pro. My problem is, I think, that I keep loading the files to the mac OS X side of the computer when I should do it to the Windows side. Then comes my big problem I dont know how to fix because I dont know much about macs yet. I happened to click the message "Do not show this message again" when choosing the mac or windows side. So I dont know how to get this message to come up again so then I can pick which side I want the Hard drive to load to.. If anyone knows how I can redo this mistake I made :S or has any other Idea i would greatly appreciate it Thank you so much! l jsym l
l jsym l
Advertisement
I don't know about how to make the message show up again, but as for the read only files, I have an idea.

After a little researching on what I think your problem is based off of your description, I have a question for you:

What file system does the hard drive use?

I don't know much about Macs, but from what I've heard Mac OS X can only read from NTFS drives. It can't write to them.

If this is your problem, this link might help.

If not, I have no other ideas.

Edit - You might also want to look through these forums/discussions to see if anyone else has the same problems.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." - Gandalf
Hey i did all of this and I just dont know hoew to avtually "run" the program? As in i don't know how to switch it to read on both windows and mac.

if there is a tutorial on how to do this or you know i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks again
l jsym l
Quote:
Then comes my big problem I dont know how to fix because I dont know much about macs yet. I happened to click the message "Do not show this message again" when choosing the mac or windows side. So I dont know how to get this message to come up again so then I can pick which side I want the Hard drive to load to..

I don't know, precisely, but if I had to guess I would say they're stored in somewhere accessible via the defaults application. In the Terminal, type defaults read and it will dump all the defaults. Look for something related to the dialogs in question?

I don't have my Mac handy at the moment so I can't poke around for a specific setting to grep for (you will probably get a lot of junk from that command) or a more user-friendly way of re-enabling those dialogs.
alright I got it figured out. I read on some parrallel forums and found out what I needed to do. Thanks to everyone!
l jsym l
alright I got it figured out. I read on some parrallel forums and found out what I needed to do. Thanks to everyone!
l jsym l

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement