🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Icons

Started by
0 comments, last by hoshino 22 years, 11 months ago
I have used three softwares: IrfanView, AxIcons and IconCool, but I always have the same problem: when I create a Icon from a bitmap image of 256 colors and when I see it from the Windows Explorer, the colors of the Icon appears changed, as an example, the purple appears gray. The strange thing is that the Icon appears normal on the software and it only appears messed up on the windows explorer. Is there a kind of pallete of the Windows Explorer? Do I must create an Icon using only the colors available on this pallete? Or the problem is on another thing?
Advertisement
Are you sure your desktop is not set to 256 colours ? Because it might explain it. When in 256 colours mode, the active application has priority, which means you''d se the icon you are designing in its palette and anything in the background would be dithered. But then, when you are done creating your icon, it would use the standard 256 Windows palette, which means if it doesnt use it it would be dithered, hence the colours changing.
So check your desktop settings first, then you can look for something more complicated.

Good luck !

Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement