🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Replacement motherboard suggestions for Core 2 Duo E6600 wanted

Started by
-1 comments, last by Adam_42 14 years, 6 months ago
I need a new motherboard for my Core 2 Duo E6600. I currently have an ABit AB9 (P965 based) which seems to be the cause of some recent video card troubles. It would also be good if the replacement board supported some of the newer processors in case I want to upgrade in the future. I also don't want to replace my existing RAM. I'm looking for something reliable and not too expensive. I don't plan on doing any overclocking. My main problem is that I'm not sure which of the various motherboard chipsets are actually compatible. For example I thought an Asus P5QL/EPU would do the trick as it's socket 775 but the E6600 isn't in the supported CPU list there. However Intel's Tool shows that at least some P43 based boards should work. Edit: It seems the Asus P5QL-PRO will work for the E6600, and it's not much more expensive. I'll probably go with that one. [Edited by - Adam_42 on December 16, 2009 4:27:39 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement