🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

OEM "Bare Drive"

Started by
2 comments, last by daviangel 14 years, 9 months ago
This is probably a stupid question but... Is this hard drive left open, with the expectation that I somehow cover up the insides? I am used to them looking more like this, without the guts showing.
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
Advertisement
The image will just be for illustration purposes. Once the drive is open like that, it's effectively wrecked unless it's done in a hardware clear room.
That's what I thought but I'd hate to spend money and find out I need parts and skills I don't have.

Thanks!
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
Quote: Original post by krez
That's what I thought but I'd hate to spend money and find out I need parts and skills I don't have.

Thanks!

LOL!
I've never given a 2nd thought about how online retailers display images of harddrives but if you take it literally, yeah you'd be recieving a wrecked drive if it came like that LOL!
I'm guessing someone in marketing decided showing the outside of a drive wasn't very exciting or sexy hence the common practice of showing the guts of harddrives instead.
Only drive that ever came like that, showing the insides, was the raptor x which isn't made anymore :(
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement