🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New build update

Started by
-1 comments, last by nGamer 14 years, 10 months ago
What's up GameDevers, I just got all of the parts in the other day and what I decided to go with in the end is totally different from what I posted on the thread 'feedback on new build'. So, here it is. Chassis : NZXT Apollo Motherboard : MSI p43 neo3-f PSU : Roacketfish 700W CPU : Intel Pentium 4 (Prescott) @ 3.0 GHz CPU Heatsink/Fan : Thermaltake V1 GPU : XFX Radeon 4850 RAM : 3 GB 800Mhz Dual-Channel HDD : - 200 GB - 400 GB - RAID 0 Here is what I want to know. After everything was put together, I forgot to put the cmos jumper in but while the system was running, I put in 'restart cmos' position on the board and I got sparks and it fried some sort of chip next to the cmos jumper but everything still works. I obviously damaged the hardware but will there be something software related that I can't do now? Moderators, I apologize in advance if this sounds too much like hardware support.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement