🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Does anybody use trueSpace or know about it ?

Started by
8 comments, last by Metal Typhoon 22 years, 12 months ago
I want to know if TS is better than 3ds max 4 ? I''ve seen incredible pic made on that softwares also it''s price is LOW ! $495 dollars the pro pack. But i need to know if it does the same as max !!! thanks i really appreciate your help "The shortcut is not always the best way " Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
Advertisement
I''ve never used Truespace before, but I''ve read reviews. Overall it''s not as good as max, but then the educational version of max costs more than Truespace. Reviews say that it is a very good product for the money. I believe it supports all of the main modeling tools including NURBS, which is one of the newest methods. Truespace 5''s renderer can even do radiosity which max can''t do without a plugin. Hopefully that helps as a quick review. Maybe someone else that has actually used the program can add more.

--
http://www.3dcgi.com/
Hmmm, metal typhoon, i remember your post about BCB vs. MSVC++ 6.0.

I hope you don''t do the same thing in this thread, but heres some simple info you could have scraped up yourself.

Truespace has demos you can download from caligari.com I do believe. I know for a fact your not a pro at anything, so there is no point in comparing the attributes of one or the other. Just pick one and play around with it. You can also try Amapi 3D, Bryce, Canoma, Maya, Cinema 4D(Go, SE, XL5), form z and others.

Also, google.com is a good search engine, you should use it some time...

shotokan
No,no i won''t do the same. But thanks !!! i''ll look up

"The shortcut is not always the best way "

Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
I used truespace for years before going to max. It''s great to learn in and dman cheep too. I bought vertions 1 2 and 3. Came with top user guides too. It''s the easiest 3D modeler I''ve ever used and is''t pretty powerful as well. Good option for home use. They used to have a 30 day demo, that would give you a good fell for it.

As Mr Cup always says,
''''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''''
As Mr Cup always says,''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''
Yeah, i got the demo. But as u said "home use" i want to ask something. They are now offering a trueSpace 5 pro. Can that stand beyond just home ? I mean for game makign or else ?

Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
Truespace is not for true-3d-cg artist, in fact this only have a alone windows (3dstudio and many another pack have the typical 4 windows).. i spend many month with truespace.. result :many incomplete jobs and only 1 complete job (and very ugly).. Now i work with 3dsmax4 and it is very different.

I preffer free-3d-editor that truespace..
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
Eng3D,

trueSpace has always supported more than one view using the floating windows. Version 5 also adds in the typical 4-view that other programs have. I don't know what problems you had with earlier versions of tS, but I've always found it to be a solid modeling tool, and with tS4.x and up the rendering is absolutely fantastic. Perhaps you should give it another try.

- Nick Robalik
http://www.digital-soapbox.com

Edited by - digisoap on July 6, 2001 10:45:04 PM
is that right , that it include radiosity ? i know that max u have to buy the plug-in !

Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
Truespace don''t have background (eyedrop), so how you can made a human model??.. drawing a contourn over the monitor?. Ok, i known that truespace have multiple views, but it sux!, it only have perspective view..

Another bad point is truespace is when you have modeling, then save, then you cannot like some parts.. so cut, remodeling, .. is very hard

Another bad point is the tutorial.. how you can find some decent in internet??.. i wonder if they exist.

Another (more) bad point is the menu,.. aaarrg is ugly and very hard.

Another (uff), in the modeling, selection some part is harddest, ok is easy for simply model but is tough for complex model, such human body with many hair..

Another (the last one), i don''t find a decent texture tools in truespace.. only a paint over.. but with a complex model you cannot paint using truespace, you need to work with another 2d programs (paintshoppro see demo!).

Now, the last month i start 3dsmax 4 and is very different, have multiple options (truespace have 20 or 30 "tools", 3dsmax have 100 or more "tools"), last week i send my first model using 3dsmax =)

-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement