🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hardware Shopping

Started by
3 comments, last by Jroggy 15 years, 8 months ago
I've always envied you guys in the US for being able to buy stuff through Newegg. Today I discovered (old news or not), that there's now 'Newegg.ca' .. do any of you Canadians care? I'm Canadian and I'm definitely gonna be using this site a lot :) - Eric
Advertisement
NCIX.com is better because they don't use shitty UPS and are a Canadian company. They have good prices, and if you find better elsewhere, they'll typically price match down. I have yet to be disappointed with their service after ordering hundreds of dollars from them.
NCIX is great, I've never been disappointed with Tiger Direct. I buy the majority of my stuff from tiger direct.
I've thought about using Tiger Direct in the past.. but I feel somewhat ripped off looking at some of their prices.. after finding an LCD monitor at tiger Direct $100 more expensive than the one at NCIX.. I really didn't bother going back..

At least we've got more options now :)
You've really got to shop around when it comes to anything. No site has the best prices for everything.
For example, the card I got from tiger was about $80 (geforce 8600gt), on NCIX, it was like $90 more. I guess that's where sites like newegg.ca come into play.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement